Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Tragi-Comedy of Shannon Schinagl: Part 4

After work on Tuesday, my Mom picked me up after work and we decided to head to Target.  We had made a little list with enough items on it to make it worthwhile to go.  "Worthwhile to go!" you say.  It's  always worthwhile to go to Target!  I agree, except that my nearest Target is 20 minutes away.  And not 20 minutes of city driving, but 20 minutes of highway driving.  It's kind of weird in that it's all by itself -- no other stores, no restaurants.  Nothing but Target sitting in the wilderness.

I was exhausted after a day of working with my broken foot and new boot.  After getting our items we headed back to the car, where my Mom and I realized that neither of us had the car keys.  Oh, yes.  In my broken foot delirium, I had put them in the special pocket of my backpack that I take everywhere.  Everywhere, that is, except for Target.  My backpack was sitting in the car.

I called AAA, and while we waited my Mom did some more shopping (how could she do anything else while trapped in a Target?) and we had a delicious dinner at the Target Pizza Hut.  90 minutes later, AAA showed up, and the very nice AAA guy opened my car in about one-and-a-half minutes.

Home we went to our cozy air mattress and Sterling, who was still behaving.  Had Armageddon arrived?

Another day survived.

**************************************

Has Armageddon arrived?

Can Shannon do anything without mishap?

And why isn't there a closer Target?

(That last question will not be answered in the next post.  I just wanted to toss that out there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment