Sunday, August 19, 2012

Small Town Life: Example 4

The workers doing the construction on my place had removed the railings from the second floor to the third.  The railings needed to be painted, as well as the walls.  This meant that my Mom and I were using the outside stairs.  If you recall, I have a bum foot, and my Mom is still recovering from a hip replacement.  We needed railings.

So we hadn't noticed that the movers had left my inside door open.  (Andresen Movers).  Saturday morning, my downstairs neighbor was concerned for us (allegedly) since the door was open and popped right in!  Just right on in!  Around 8 am on Saturday morning!  My Mom, sleeping in the living room, was the one to discover my neighbor had invited herself in, so had just enough time to wrap a sheet around herself (we were both wearing summer PJs, aka a tank top and undies) before the neighbor came right up the steps.

I appreciated the concern, but...huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment