Thursday, October 22, 2009

We are in Canberra

Last night, after our lovely presentation in the Barossa Valley, we caught a flight to Canberra. We really haven't seen anything yet, as we arrived after dark, went to bed, woke up, and walked 5 blocks to the library.

However, we have had more adventures in hotels! Last night as we were getting ready for bed, Nancy said, "Boy, this room is going to be dark. I hope we can get to the bathroom in the dark." Well, the room had this big, round, fluorescent light in the ceiling. I turned it off, though my bedside light was still on, and pointed out to Nancy that the fluorescent light looked blue. "That's kinda weird," I said. But when we turned all the lights off, the fluorescent light glowed like a big, blue moon! I've never seen anything like it. It was brilliant and hilarious all at the same time! We may try to caputure the wonder of it on a video camera.

Nancy and I got quite the jolt of adrenaline this morning when I got up to use the bathroom, and Nancy sleepily asked what time it was. We both squinted at the clock (as neither of us had our contacts in or glasses on), and it was 6:55am. We had put in a wake-up call for 6:00am! You have never seen two people leap out of bed as quickly as us! We were ready in record time. Who needs coffee when you can just oversleep by an hour?

The crowd here in Canberra is fantastic. They are so fun and ready to laugh and participate! Also, they provided a GREAT tea: lemon squares, scones, and carrot cake. Yum.

6 comments:

  1. I WILL CALL YOUR HOME PHONE TOMORROW. mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that's funny! sounds like you're having a great time! see u soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hank says, "I love you and I want to play with you. Carrot cake is yucky but I want to have a carrot with you. I loved the picture of the bats. Did you camp under them? The blue moon light sounds cool. I want one. I like the glowing part. Mom reads me your blog and I like it." Hank's mommy says WE MISS YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds as if your seminars are going great. We received your postcard today. The Koala is super cute. BTW I loved your post on bodywork/panel-beating, but how in the world did that ever come up in conversation?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't it hard to sleep with a blue light glowing over your head?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your blog..love your posts

    ReplyDelete