Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Adelaide

We are now in Adelaide! Let me tell you, as Nancy said, "Our up time is our downtime." It's so true. We all crashed on the plane! It was hard to get off! We took a cab to our amazing hotel. It's so upscale that Nancy and I could hardly figure out how to use anything in our hotel room. We are feeling very "friends in low places"-like. For example, we couldn't figure out how to put the drain down in the bathroom sink. It doesn't push down, twist down, or anything else we can figure out! We had the same problem with turning off the shower knobs. I mean, how many shower knobs do you know that, when off, are vertical, with one pointing up and one pointing down? We couldn't even figure out how to take the lid off the coffee maker! Nancy ended up putting water in through the spout! I'm tellin' ya, we feel like total ding-dongs.

But we are also feeling very snazzy. We opened the closet doors, and the closet automatically lights up, like our clothes are movie stars!

We are currently presenting and having a blast. I was told that, in Adelaide, there are three chocolate shops all within a two minute walk of each other. I asked our handler, Veronica, if they are nearby, and she will show us so we (or at least I) can go insane with excitement!

Adelaide looks very different from Sydney. It's shorter -- not so many highrises, and the highrises they do have are much shorter. Also, the cultural district is absolutely gorgeous. All of this wonderful old architecture for the university, museum, state library and other buildings. It's just beautiful. I'm excited to have the late afternoon and evening to walk around.

2 comments:

  1. Shannon, I've texted my ex-boyfriend Vic about your going to Melbourne. He's looking forward to showing you around or something. Let me know if you've lost his contact info. My e-mail address is caellen27@yahoo.ca. Cheers, (Aidan's mom) Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad someone knew the chocolate shops. I was worried you would miss the best part of Adeliade, well not the best parts - just almost.

    ReplyDelete