Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Thanks to Sydney

Leg one of our trip is over. After our presentation in Erina yesterday, we drove back to Sydney and hopped on a plane to Adelaide.

But I'd like to take a moment to say thank you to New South Wales. Our fearless leaders/tour guides/cheuffers/babysitters -- Alex, Mylee, and Jo -- were absolutely amazing. We could not have been in better hands. All three were so welcoming, so organized, and, most importantly, so FUN! I feel like I've made new friends. I'd like to thank all three for indulging me in my chocolate obsession. Jo brought me an entire bag of Violet Crumble and two Freddo Frogs (which shall be reviewed later). And, as I think I wrote earlier, Alex taught Nancy and me about the Chocolate Tim-Tam Slam. So, thank you, Alex, Mylee and Jo! My home is yours any time you come to the U.S.!

Thanks also to all of our participants in Sydney and the Central Coast. I just love people who work with children, because they're usually willing to do anything! Thanks for attending and having fun, and being willing to throw paper balls at each other. :) Also, know that I soaked up all of the ideas, knowledge, and stories you shared with me. In fact, I've already shared some of your ideas and knowledge at our first presentation in Adelaide! You guys are absolutely amazing. I'm astounded at the work you do in your libraries, homes and community organizations, and the passion you bring to your work and to children. I have been so energized by meeting you all!

Love and kisses to you all. Please stay in touch!

1 comment:

  1. You are very welcome Shannon. It was a pleasure to have you all.

    There was alot of very positive feedback from the participants and I was informed more than once that you guys where the 'best' workshops some of our attendees had ever experienced.

    Safe journeys and best of luck for you endeavors.

    ReplyDelete