Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Random Thoughts

Here are some random thoughts we've been collecting for the past few days:

- Here, massage is called bodywork, and bodywork on a car is called panel-beating (it sounds so violent!)

- When you are really busy, during the times that you might say you're running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, you say "flat out like a lizard drinking." Awesome.

- You can call really mean people a "nasty bag of weasels." We heard this first when someone was talking about politicians. :)

- Sadly, when I was eating breakfast on the beach on the Central Coast, I was subjected to older gentlemen walking on the beach in Speedos. Here, Speedos are called "budgie smugglers." How perfect is that? Speedos totally look like men smuggling parakeets! Ha!

- On the Central Coast, both Jim and Nancy were awakened by a beautiful but incredibly loud chorus of birds. This is called the "dawn chorus."

2 comments:

  1. I am checking to see if this works. Did I tell you I call your G"ma each day and read the blog to her - she is so thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. by George, I think I;ve got it! I so wish I had come with you, it soundesd fantawstic. No word from D.C. or you would have told mje. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete