Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Twitter Magic

I'd like to say that I saw the best use of Twitter while we were in New South Wales. If you'll take a look at an atlas, you'll see that the state is HUGE, and doesn't have too many large cities. Mylee, with the State Library, was one of our handlers, and attended both of our presentations, in both Sydney and at the Central Coast. Although we had 80 or 90 people at each presentation, you can imagine that still left a LOT of people who couldn't attend. During both presentations, Mylee kept up an on-going Twitter play-by-play for people to follow along with at home. She included links, let folks know what early literacy skill I was talking about, or what rhyme Jim was doing, or what song Nancy was singing. As I watched her, I was imagining myself following along from afar, and I was amazed.

I just thought it was an amazing use of Twitter. Everything Jim, Nancy and I do is available on our wikis, websites, etc., so anyone can access the information, but Mylee's Twitter use would allow someone to follow along almost in real time, and feel a part of it all. It was really cool.

1 comment:

  1. You can see the twitter feed at http://twitter.com/aliacys

    Mylee

    ReplyDelete