Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving in Phoenix with Many Four-Legged Family Members -- Gabe

Gabe is the only dog that anyone in my family meant to have.  He was given to my sister as a Christmas present years ago -- hence the name Gabriel.  I'm not a huge fan of dogs, but I love Gabe.  I call him Gaby-Baby.  Allyson and Kevin call him Mush.  He is mushy in both looks and demeanor.  And he works it!  He knows he's cute, and that when he gives you that pathetic, droopy look you'll forgive him anything.  I'm the only one slightly immune.

Gabe used to live at my Mom's.  She had a glass-topped table in the kitchen.  Gabe used to look up at people through the glass top as they were eating.  It was nearly impossible not to give that droopy-eyed cutie food, but I managed it.


There is nothing in this world that Gabe loves more than a ball.  Nothing.  He has been known to lay on the floor looking at his ball under a low piece of furniture where he can't reach it.  Every once in a while he will look back over his shoulder with a pitiful why-aren't-you-getting-my-ball look.

In this picture, he believes that if he stares at his ball with enough intensity it might fly through the air on its own.  That is his area: to not need a human in order to play ball.


See how cute and mushy he is?




No comments:

Post a Comment