Sunday, December 15, 2013

Let's Go Western!

The next reception option we looked at is very cool: the Hotel St. Michael right on historic Whiskey Row in downtown Prescott.

We checked out their reception room, and it was really intimate and beautiful.  They also had a podium set up, so Kevin couldn't help but be possessed by an angry politician!


The next place we looked would be one of the great sister personality switches of all time.  Yes, we looked at the Prescott Valley Public Library.  My Mom and sister were so excited to show me the Library.  Similar to the Newburyport Public Library, the Prescott Valley Public Library is incredible given the small size of the town.

One of the most fun parts of the Library was a rooftop lounge.






Isn't that gorgeous?  I'm insanely jealous.  If a person could guarantee good weather, what an amazing place to have a wedding reception.  It was really big.

They also had a very, very nice meeting room.  The only problem was that the small kitchen attached to the meeting room wouldn't have been at all big enough for catering or cooking for such a crowd.  Bummer.

So the Prescott Valley Public Library is, as I said, gorgeous and new and huge.  Here are some pictures:

A funny little sculpture right inside the front door.  I only say funny because the fish is swimming in the dirt.  Weird.


A cafe right inside the front door with plenty of seating.


OUTDOOR seating!  I'm so envious!  Though they aren't taking any chances: note the fence around the area so that people can't make off with library goods.


A massive children's department!



And, finally, the snazziest sinks I have ever seen in a library bathroom.  I obsessively watch "Love It or List It" on HGTV, so I happen to know that these sinks are very "in."


The Library is on a big municipal campus, and as we walked away we found TONS of sculptures, so we had to take tons of pictures, of course.

Ooo!  Illegal tackling!


You will NOT score, kid!


Mom and I joining in the celebration!


Kevin and I battling over the sculpture.  It's mine!  It's mine!


Allyson petting the sweet puppy.


Kevin sitting on the little boy.  Um...


As I said, this was a municipal campus, which also includes the police station.  I started wondering what all happens in Prescott Valley when I saw this:


Yes, that is the Mobile Command Center.  Egads.













No comments:

Post a Comment