Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving in Phoenix with Many Four-Legged Family Members -- Mac

This Thanksgiving I went to Arizona to spend the holiday with my Mom and sister.  My Mom lives in Phoenix, and my sister lives in Prescott.  There were many, many dogs present during this trip.  Allow me to introduce the cast of doggy characters before I describe my trip.

First up is Mac.  Mac is my Mom's dog, and he is a chihuahua.  Mac managed to wriggle under the fence at my sister's old house.  He was emaciated and in very poor health.  Allyson asked my Mom to keep him while she found his owner or a new home.  This was a couple of years ago, so you can guess that the new home never happened.  Smart, smart Mac to wriggle under the fence of a person who would do anything for him, including pawning him off to another person who would do anything for him.  Ha!




Mac is always cold.  Always.  Even during summer in Phoenix.  I am quite sure that Mac's native Mexico wouldn't be warm enough for him.  Even in his sweater his preferred place is under a blanket.  Even better than that would be in his sweater, under a blanket, being held by someone.




Mac has a very stylish wardrobe.  I am only sharing two outfits among many.




This is what everyone calls his Mexican pimp coat.  Perhaps you are wondering what that blue thing is.  Well, Mac is often too cold to go outside to go potty.  So he goes in the house.  After spending hours every day scrubbing pee out of her carpet, my Mom decided to get Mac a doggy diaper.  That's what that blue thing is.  Pathetic.



The great thing about Mac's Mexican pimp coat is that it has a practical handle!  This is Kevin holding Mac.  More on Kevin later.

No comments:

Post a Comment