Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Where Am I? Oh, Yeah. Arizona.

I had what was, to me, a hilarious conversation today.

My Mom's neighbor, George, came out to get his mail while my Mom and I were hanging Christmas lights.  The three of us got to talking.  My Mom mentioned that my rabbits LOVE going outside every day.  (A blog post on them soon.)

George replied that he hoped I wasn't putting them out in the morning, since when George takes his morning walk he's been seeing coyotes, and he's worried about coyotes smelling -- and eating -- my bunnies.

Well, it turns out that George TAKES HIS WALK AT 4:30 AM.  Those of you who know me at all know that 4:30am is not a time when I'm up, unless I haven't gone to sleep yet.  No one in my family gets up anywhere near that time.  It's a genetic thing, I think.  That's why getting up at 5:45am to go to work in Maine nearly killed me.  So yeah, my bunnies aren't going out at 4:30am.  More like noon.

So that was hysterical part number 1.

My Mom said that she really wished George would go for his walk a little later, since it's still dark (because it's nighttime, NOT morning) and because of the coyotes.  That's when George said, "Oh, don't worry.  I take my gun."

This was the Best. Response. Ever.  I suddenly remembered that I live in Arizona.  Mainers are big hunters, but you have to realize that here, we live in the suburbs.

Later my Mom told me that, if she ever says she's going for a walk before bed (like I said, we do not go to bed early or wake up early), to remind her that it's dark and George is armed out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment