Saturday, November 26, 2016

Happy Halloween!

My sister and brother-in-law opened their own store this past April: Black Box Gaming. It's a retro video game store, and it's done incredibly well!  I didn't really know that retro gaming was a thing, but it's really a thing.

Every Saturday night they have tournaments with a different game and system.  When I first moved here, in honor of me and my old age they did an Atari tournament.  I have lost my skills (and believe you me, I was SKILLED), but my sister came in second!

Anyway, in order to raise their profile, they have started doing a few community events, and one was a Halloween event in the parking lot of a bowling alley.

My brother-in-law owns a Jurassic Park Jeep.  We took that, and I dressed up as a Jurassic Park safari guide.  Kevin even played the soundtrack to the movie while kids visited us to trick-or-treat.


Everyone loved it!  And even better, a bunch of kids came as dinosaurs, so we took pictures of them with the Jeep. I'll have to get those pictures from Kevin and post them here.  I'll update when I get them!

Also, see that horse trailer in the background?  It had ponies in it, and the ponies ended up being next to us in the parking lot.  Four hours of ponies!  It was fantastic!

Next Black Box Gaming holiday event is the Prescott Valley Christmas Parade.  Kevin and Allyson own a golf cart, and they're decorating it and being in the parade!  I'll post pictures after it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment