Tuesday, November 8, 2011

They Have Their Own Hershey's...

I arrived in Chicago this morning without incident and actually checked into a hotel! From now on, I'm not making any stops to visit people. I'm spending 24 hours here in Chicago to explore, and then I'll take the California Zephyr to San Francisco. I'll spend 24 hours in SF, and then take the Coast Starlight back to Seattle.

I arrived in Chicago in the pouring rain. It was so, so tempting to curl up in my hotel room, but no! I forced myself out and about. I decided to spend most of the afternoon/evening on the Magnificent Mile. I had heard from lots of people about American Girl Place, and as a children's librarian I really wanted to see it. Good gravy! What a place! Two stories of American Girls. While I myself am neutral about American Girl, this store blew me away. If I did love American Girl, I would have found the mothership. Of course there are trillions of dolls and books and accessories to buy, but there is also a hair salon for the dolls, a "pet store," a cafe, dressing rooms, and more. Wow!

Next door to American Girl Place was a Lego Store. In their story-high front windows was the Chicago skyline made of Legos. It was absolutely amazing.

And then I discovered that Chicago has its own Hershey's Store. Why? Why does Chicago have its own Hershey's Store? Why doesn't Seattle have one? Aarrgghh! I restrained myself and only had one treat. Impressive, huh?

And now I'm back in the hotel room all cozy and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment