Tuesday, November 1, 2011

McGill Rose Garden



Today I walked through Charlotte to the McGill Rose Garden. It was absolutely gorgeous. I guess I wasn't aware of when roses bloom, because I was amazed at how many roses were still there, even though it's pretty chilly.

I loved this area. I guess an old railroad used to go right through the garden, because there's an old freight car sitting on rails right in the middle of the garden! I mean, look at this! Chairs, freight car, roses in bloom, and a mosaic vase. This garden was beautiful.





Here I am playing leapfrog (or should I say "leaproo"?) with a kangaroo.








I'm playing peek-a-boo with another sculpture with an herb garden behind me.








I would like to tell you how much I love my new Mac Airbook. So, I keep my camera in my purse. Inevitably, I pull it out only to find out that somehow the camera has been turned on. When I got to the Rose Garden, I discovered the battery was dead. After being really annoyed, it occurred to me to see if my laptop could take pictures. Lo and behold, it can! Who knew? I swear this thing can do anything. The only challenge was that it only gave me three seconds to get myself in place. There was a lot of sprinting going on in the Rose Garden.

As you know from the previous post, I got up very early to come with Blair to work. We were here by 7:15. That's early. So early, in fact, that many things aren't open. When I got to the Rose Garden, it wasn't open yet! It felt like I had been up for hours (which, actually, I had), and yet it wasn't even 10am! It was a very weird feeling. So I just sat in a lovely park and read, waiting for the Garden to open.




No comments:

Post a Comment