Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Home of the St. Louis Cardinals -- World Series Champs!

I had a really busy time in St. Louis. I always stay with my Grandma, which I love. For some reason I am so relaxed at my Grandma's. Inevitably I sleep for hours and hours at her place, which has turned into a bit of a family joke. As it is, I'm very talented at sleeping, but at Grandma's I'm a true champ!

I had a few very special things happen during my stay. I got to see two of my friends from Grad School. Working in Seattle, I'm one what seems like the few librarians who didn't go to the iSchool at the University of Washington. I went to Mizzou -- the University of Missouri-Columbia for library school. Two of the best friends I made still live in Columbia and were willing to drive all the way to St. Louis to see me.

I met Karen and her family at Faust Park, which I had never been to before. It's a fantastic park, by the way, if you're ever in St. Louis with kids. Karen brought her hubby and her daughter and son. I had never met her son, Alex, so I was really excited. We all hung out, and I just had the best time! Karen and Mike, thank you so much for making the trip!

On another day, I met up with my friend, Cindy. We had a great, luxurious day. We started by going to the Jewel Box in Forest Park. It was gorgeous, as usual! We had lunch at Joey B's on the Hill, and then went to a used book store, where we spent an easy hour-and-a-half. We ended the day with pedicures. Doesn't it all sound lovely? Thanks for coming to St. Louis, Cindy!

We also had a mini-family reunion while I was in St. Louis. In addition to all of the St. Louis relatives, we had relatives coming in from Texas, Ohio and Massachusetts. My Grandma was over the moon. It's hard for me to express how much she loves babies. She is obsessed with babies. She thinks everything about them is adorable. Their poop? So cute! Their spit-up? So sweet! Anyway, there was a 2-month-old baby at this reunion, and my Grandma held her as much as everyone would allow her. I think the baby (Camille, by the way) made her year!

I was only in St. Louis for a few days, so meeting up with my two friends and the reunion pretty much filled my days. This morning (and I do mean morning -- I got up at 4:30am) I headed back to Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment