Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Movie Review

Last night Jane and I rented the movie "The Dish." Jane is introducting me to some classic Aussie films. I've only seen "Strictly Ballroom," so my repertoire of Aussie films was pretty small. "The Dish" was fantastic! I recommend that you watch it. If you like historical films, comedy, and/or a sweet undercurrent to your movies, you'll love it, too.

I didn't know this, but when they sent men to the moon, NASA needed a satellite dish in the southern hemisphere. The only one big enough in the entire southern hemisphere was in a little Australian town called Parkes. The dish was literally in the middle of a sheep paddock (actually, the sheep have a fantastic supporting role). The movie is about the three people who monitor and care for the dish, and one American from NASA who comes over to supervise. I won't say anything more.

Two thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment