Monday, November 2, 2009

Lindt Cafe

Okay, this is a chocolate review that has nothing to do with Australia chocolate, but which must be included. While we were in Melbourne, we found out there was a Lindt Cafe, and I decided that I HAD to go. You see, I had been a bit teased by Alex in Sydney. During a lunch break during our presentation in Sydney we walked by one, but didn't have time to go in. Alex tried to make it easier on me by telling me that service was horrible, the food wasn't that great, and the chocolate was only okay. Sadly, Alex's plan was thwarted by the rest of humanity. As soon as everyone found out I love chocolate, they would immediately ask if I'd been to the Lindt Cafe, contradicting everything poor Alex tried to do. Alas, we had to leave Sydney immediately afterward.

So as you can see, once I found out there was a Lindt Cafe in Melbourne, visiting became a priority. I dragged Nancy along, which was very nice of her, because we went for breakfast, and Nancy usually eats nice, healthy breakfasts. We both ordered croissants with chocolate dipping sauce. I would just like to say that it was on the breakfast menu, so I felt perfectly legit ordering it. Unsurprisingly, it was pure heaven. The croissants were just out of the over and all buttery, and the chocolate dipping sauce was perfect: not quite milk, not quite dark, just in between, and perfectly smooth. It felt like velvet on my tongue. My croissant didn't use all of the dipping sauce, so I asked for a spoon and ate all of the rest of it like soup. It was unbelieveable.

Result? Two thumbs up for the Lindt Cafe in Melbourne. And I'd give it more if I had more thumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment