Sunday, February 24, 2013

Three States in an Hour

This past Saturday was so fun!  Two of my friends from college, Pete & Mary Ellen, came to visit me with their three daughters.  They live in Kennebunk, Maine.  I was thinking how fantastic it was of them to be willing to come all the way from Maine to Massachusetts just to spend an afternoon with me.

Now, it definitely WAS fantastic of them to come to spend an afternoon with me, but I learned that it only takes a tad more than an hour to get from there to here!  People, that's Maine (granted, the southern part), all of New Hampshire, and Massachusetts (granted, the northern part) in an hour.  Three states in an hour! 

So, in the time it takes to drive from Seattle to Portland, Oregon, a person could drive from Maine to Massachusetts, back again, and back again.  I'm not sure why anyone would try to do that, but the point is that they could!  It takes longer to drive from one end of King County, WA, than it does to drive through three states here!

Poor Pete & Mary Ellen.  Now that I know how short the drive is, I'll be showing up all the time.  Get ready, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment