Sunday, February 24, 2013

Small Town Life: Example 9

I was walking down the main street of Newburyport this past week (which, amazingly, is NOT called Main Street -- it's called State Street) when I saw a car in a street parking space that was running.  Not the parking space -- the car.  Anyway, I actually stopped in awe.  A running car!  With no one in it!  Not being stolen!

"Well," I thought, "it would be tough to steal a car right on the main street of Newburyport without anyone seeing."

But then, two nights later, I stopped at the 7-11 on my way home from somewhere, and someone left their car!  Running!  In the 7-11 parking lot!  When they weren't in it!  Just steps from the Interstate 95!

Yep, still haven't lost my paranoia.  I clearly haven't been here long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment