Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Small Town Life: Example 8

There is a restaurant a half block from the library called Taffy's.  I've been eating there a lot because it's the least distance for me to walk in my boot.

I had paid in cash for a number of visits because I had cash on me.  However, one visit I didn't have cash so I paid by credit card.  Except that I didn't pay, because they don't take credit cards!  It turns out there are a number of places in town that don't take credit cards.

So, in an embarrassed panic, I told the waitress that I would run across the street to get cash.  Folks, she didn't blink.  She just told me to go ahead.  She didn't ask for collateral or anything!  She just assumed I'd be back.

Did she just think that she knew who I was (because I had been there a lot)?  Or did she just trust people in town?  I don't know, but I was mightily impressed.

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment