Monday, September 17, 2012

A Few Random Thoughts

1) This morning is my foot x-ray!  I really hope the x-ray is good.  I expect it to be, because my foot feels tons better.  This stupid foot is keeping me from doing stuff (like exploring and volunteering at an animal shelter), which is really annoying when moving to a new place.

2) Newburyport must be the origination spot of skunks.  You may recall that when I first moved here a dog got skunked, which let to second-hand skunking for me.  Well, since then I have smelled at least a skunk a week.  Either in my car, driving by a skunked out area, or from my home window, where someone in the neighborhood got skunked.  I have never smelled so many skunks in my life!

3) There is a grocery store here called the Market Basket.  Their receipts print on both sides!  I went grocery shopping one evening, and when the check-out woman printed the receipt, it seemed really short.  When I got home and looked at it, I realized that it was short because it was printed on both sides!  I'm surprised no Seattle grocery stores have done this yet.  Go Newburyport!

4) I have cable for the first time, and have discovered that On Demand is extremely dangerous.  I was supposed to do a lot of cleaning and organizing this weekend, but unfortunately, discovered that you can watch whole TV series On Demand.  This could be bad.

5) My home renovations are supposed to be done on Tuesday!  And I think it might actually happen!  I am so excited!  Can you tell?!

No comments:

Post a Comment