Sunday, September 28, 2014

I Walked Around Portland, and What Did I See?


I now live in Portland, ME.  As I walk around town, I've been seeing the funniest things.  I finally remembered to bring my camera, so here are some of my favorite sights!

You will probably not be shocked that this is outside of a church, but it still cracks me up.


Okay, here's what you need to know about this picture: other than the red awning (and the blue-roofed information hut), the front of that building is painted.  Yes, it's true!  Those archways?  Painted.  The balcony?  Painted.  I think this is mind-blowing.  It just looks so real!


In fact, you can walk closer and closer, and it still looks real.  (The brown fence and fairy lights are real -- the patio is a restaurant.)


This cracks me up, because the window pane cuts Ms. or Mr. Treworgy's name in a very unfortunate place.  I mean, unless it's a secret message.  I find it amazing that Ms./Mr. Treworgy didn't notice this.


Okay, more to come!  This is just a taste.

P.S. I love it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment