Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Where in the World Is Shannon Schinagl?

I am having so much fun studying maps of Maine.  Since I will be traveling all over Maine for both work and fun, I've been examining maps of the state quite closely.  Every time I e-mail someone, talk to someone, or hear someone mention a place, I look it up on the map.

What I have discovered is that the whole world is contained in Maine!

Allow me to explain:

We begin in Europe, where we make stops in the English cities of Avon and Bath.  While there, we'll pop over to Northern Ireland to visit Belfast.

Let's cross the English Channel to France, and we can discover the wonders of Calais and Paris.  Then we'll trot around more of Europe, visiting Lucerne in Switzerland; Naples and Verona in Italy; Vienna, Austria; and both Stockholm AND Sweden -- separately!  It's a magic trick!  And we can't forget the countries of Denmark, Norway and Poland.

Now we'll take the long way back to the Americas via China, before stopping in Mexico.

After such international travel, let's visit a few domestic cities.  Let's travel east to west, beginning with Princeton, NJ!  I hate to admit it, but we will also stop in Cleveland, Ohio.  I'm sorry.  Let's continue on to Detroit, MI.  Come on, Detroit!  The entire country is rooting for your recovery!  We're going to fly all the way to Alaska now to visit Fairbanks!

And finally, the last stop on our tour, and possibly the most exotic: Purgatory.

I love that Maine has all of these countries and cities as locations within the state.  And if you happened to click on any of those links at all, you'll see that every town is absolutely beautiful.

I hope to keep track of everywhere I visit in Maine on this blog, so you'll probably see these names again!  And when you do, I should have stories and pictures to go along with them.

If you want to look at a map of Maine yourself, get a very big, very detailed one.  A lot of the towns and cities in Maine are very, very tiny, and you'll need a good map to find them all.  I'm getting a huge one at work, which I'll back with foam core.  I plan to stick little flag pins on the map to note where I've gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment