Sunday, September 28, 2014

I Love My Cubicle. I'm Serious.

And I may be the only person in the United States who loves his/her cubicle this much.  But an office?  Where I can think?  And concentrate?  This is a very novel experience for me, and I am so appreciative of it.

Okay, first you need to know that I've been given a double-wide cubicle!  The space is amazing.  I haven't even filled it all.  But don't worry, I will.  Here is side one, where I do most of my work.  Notice how neat the desk is.  It does not look like that anymore.


Between my two cubicles…windows!  And get this, they open.  Not only do they open, but I am allowed to actually open them!


This is my other cubicle.  It will fill up very quickly.  It looks so pitiful and empty now.  No children's librarian's space should look so sad.


Now I'll share some pictures of the Maine State Library itself. 


The MSL shares a building with the Maine History Museum and the Maine State Archives.


It's called the Cultural Building.


The Cultural Building is on a campus with other state departments.  The Capitol itself is right across a parking lot.


They're doing work on the dome.

One thing I've never had to think about before…I've been told that during the legislative session, parking is nearly impossible to find.  Luckily, I am part of a van pool, so I don't have to worry about that.  But what a strange thing to consider.






No comments:

Post a Comment