Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Present Porch

Let me tell you, Newburyport goes all out for Christmas, and this extends to people's homes.  But there are no National Lampoons Christmas Vacation-decorated homes.  Oh, no.  Here, the decorations befit the stately houses.

But one house goes above and beyond.  I am extremely impressed by the combination of creativity and engineering this takes:




I'm sorry the pictures aren't of better quality; I took these at night.  Anyway, these folks somehow covered their porch pillars with presents!  I think this looks so cool.  I didn't walk up to take a close look, as I didn't want the residents to be creeped out, but my guess is that the presents are made of wood with hinges that allow them to open and clamp around the pillars.  They lasted through rain and snow, so I know they aren't cardboard.

Great job, owners of this house!  You truly got me in the Christmas spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment